We know that bringing a consultant to your church may be cost prohibitive so we offer phone consultations, billed on at hourly rate. In today's world with online services, you can even have a visual connection and can share documents, view each other's desktop, etc. So it is quite possible to implement a phone consultation. Fill out a "Request a Consultant" form to let us know of your needs.
What to consider:
A phone consultation works best when everyone has prepared ahead of time. Before you even contact us, take some time to decide what you need us to do. Here are some examples:
- Clarify your goals and help you identify curricula that fit you (we know both our own curriculums and those from most major publishers)
- Help your teachers learn about a new curricula and how to implement it
- Help your group solve a problem with a church committee, youth group, Sunday school program, etc.
- Help your staff resolve an issue or develop a strategy to deal with staff or congregational issues.
- Help your group brainstorm fresh ideas for education or worship or fundraising/stewardship.
What to expect:
Once you've decided what you need, contact us to set up a contract and establish expectations. Generally you can expect that the minimum time a consultant will spend with you is:
- 1+ hour initial call with a key leader or two to tell us about the situation and what you need
- Up to one hour of preparation for each hour of consultation (if training or information needs to be prepared)
- 1 1/2 to 2 hour phone consultation
- 30-60 minutes follow up including written recommendations or information
A consultation can be a short as an hour but generally will be a couple of hours. If you need a series of calls, the cost would, of course, be higher. But a phone consultation is still significantly less expensive than paying for travel costs and can often accomplish what needs to be done.