Footsteps in the Sand: A Beach Retreat
by Tracey E. Herzer
This beach trip balances "Fun in the Sun" with discussions and activites to help us understand what it means to follow in the footsteps of Jesus. Originally designed as a four-day trip for middle school (junior high) kids, it can also be adapted for other ages and trip lengths. Detailed activity plans make it easy to have a quality program on a shoestring budget! Especially perfect for small churches!!
Pulling your hair out getting ready for a retreat with your youth group? Make life easier with this pre-designed beach trip plan. Detailed plans for each day include supply list, arts & crafts instructions, devotion readings and discussion questions, suggestions for worship & music and more. Plus, downloads include already-written newsletter articles, bulletin announcements, permission slips, participant checklist, parent letters & handouts and advertising suggestions.
- What does it mean to follow in the footsteps of Jesus?
- Creating a Beach Village -- multi-day project
- Foot Facts & what feet can teach us about our spiritual lives
- Follow the Feet beach game
- Bible story of the House Built on the Rock
- Foot Fashion Show
- Paying attention to the footsteps we leave for others to follow
- Creating T-shirts
- Celebrate that we are created by God – even when we have stinky feet!